Our houses are the safe havens we always look forward to after a tired day at work. We live in comfortable spaces that are safe and secure, and we must maintain the conditions of our houses. The cracks and gaps developed in our walls are detrimental if kept for long periods of time. Apart from that, the house needs to be energy efficient while being insulated and there should be complete protection from external moisture, bacteria, pollutants, noise, and unwanted air leakage at affordable costs. Spray foam insulation is the answer to all these problems. More and more people are opting for Residential Spray Foam Insulation, and more and more companies are offering these services.
About spray foam insulation
SPF stands for Spray Polyurethane Foam. Spray foam is commonly used for insulation material.Spray foam insulation is a type of insulation that is then sprayed in place through a gun.Making the building more energy efficient and comfortable. It is a spray-applied plastic that is used to insulate buildings and gaps.Spray foam insulation is a traditional building such as fiberglass.
SPF stands for Spray Polyurethane Foam, that is a heat activated polymer that is foam-like, and it is sprayed into place. It is an isocyanate and polyol resin that combines the heated hose used for spraying and hardens into place.
The advantage of spraying it is that the foam expands 30-60 times more than its liquid phase once solidified. Special equipment is used for mixing and spraying the material on the required surface.
SPF is divided into two parts, closed cell, and open cell spray foam.
Types of Spray Foam Insulation
There are two types of Spray Foam Insulation :
- Closed – Cell Foam – Closed cell foam is defined as a cell totally enclosed.Closed cell foam is usually made of rubber.It is more impermeable to water, vapor, and air.
- Open – Cell Foam – Open cell foam is like rubber.it is More than half of its cells are open. Open cell foam is unique. It operates like a spring and air movement.
Benefits of SPF in residential spaces
- SPF in crawl spaces prevents dust, moisture, mold, and mildew. It also aids in the improvement of air quality and reduces the cost of heating and cooling of the crawl space. It also prevents any insects or pests from entering the home space.
- This provides soundproofing and noise reduction in garage spaces, which is beneficial for all those kids who are going through the phase of starting their rock bands.
- Attic insulation is essential as it reduces utility bills. Insulating with SPF makes the attic energy efficient; it also prevents the loose insulation and duct from migrating to the living space. The loss from HVAC ducts is minimized exponentially.
- Attic insulation fills up any holes, cracks or gaps that may weaken the structure of the house.
- We can apply vertically and horizontally. It does not provide thermal insulation but also an air barrier to reduce the entrance of pollutants in the cozy home atmosphere.
- Attic insulation has a relative ease of installation, and it is the preferred choice of contractors and builders. It has a high R-value per inch, which means it can spread faster and fit any cavity or surface, and that makes it an ideal choice for insulation.
- The market for spray foam is on the rise in USA and UK, but it is still to catch on in Italy and other parts of Europe. Various types of SPF are available in the market.
Features of Spray Foam Insulation
- CCMC Approved for use in buildings.
- Air Barrier Function
- Tested by Independent Laboratories.
- Excellent Insulating Properties.
Facts of Spray Foam Insulation
- Spray foam insulation Insulation provides:
- Energy Efficient Homes.
- A Reduction of Heating and Air Conditioning.
- Draft Free Environment.
- Dust Free.
- Quiet Homes.
- Improved Air Quality.
Spray foam insulation is a great product. Spray foam insulation is likely to save on energy costs and lower utility bills.it is the most efficient and comfortable home built. spray Foam Insulated is a typical fiberglass insulated house.