What is Aseptic Meningitis?
Not only in the United States, but in other parts of the world, Aseptic Meningitis can disrupt bodily functions in people
Aseptic Meningitis is also referred to as Viral Meningitis. It is a disease that mainly infects the meninges, which is the membrane covering your brain and the spinal cord. Our brain is the most vital organ in our body. Therefore, if there is an infection in your brain, it may cause severe consequences for you.
Children below the age of 5 years and adults can be infected with viral meningitis since infection are spread by viruses.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Aseptic Meningitis.
How is Aseptic Meningitis caused?
Aseptic Meningitis or Viral Meningitis can be caused in people who get infected with enteroviruses. Apart from this, there are other viruses that can cause meningitis, such as:
- Mumps virus
- Herpes virus
- Measles virus
- Influenza virus
- Arbovirus (West Nile virus)
- It is caused if you have a close contact with a person infected with viral meningitis
- It is caused if you or your child had a bone marrow or organ transplantation recently
- It is also caused due to weak immune system
What are the symptoms of Aseptic Meningitis?
The symptoms of Aseptic Meningitis or viral meningitis can occur in both babies and adults which may cause further complications as the infection starts developing in the meninges.
The following are the symptoms of Aseptic Meningitis or viral meningitis:
- Inflammation of the meninges
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping or waking up from sleep
- Stiffness in the neck
- Sensitive to bright light
Most people with viral meningitis usually gets better within 7 – 10 days on their own, if the infection is not serious. However, if you are still experiencing problems, we have the natural remedies that can treat the infection and help you live a healthy life.
What are the effective treatment and guide to treat or prevent this disease?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
Antibiotics alone does not help in cases of viral infection. Therefore, if you follow a planned and healthy diet and precautions, you can save yourself or your baby from viral meningitis.
You must also note that there are currently no vaccines for viral meningitis. Thus, prevention is the best cure for such infection.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using toilets, changing your baby’s diaper, coughing or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid sharing utensils or clothes of people who are sick.
- Use a cloth or tissue whenever you cough or sneeze.
- Ensure proper sanitation in your home.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces in your home and surroundings frequently.
- If you are sick, stay at home so that others don’t catch the infection.
- Avoid bites from mosquitoes and other insects that carry diseases.
- Always eat foods that are properly washed and cooked.
- Keep your utensils clean.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables as they are rich in vitamins and helps fight infections.
- Drink plenty of water.
There are some vaccines available for measles, chickenpox, mumps, influenza, etc. however, if you protect yourself and your baby, you are likely to keep the viral meningitis infection at bay.