What is Hemophilia?
In medical science, Hemophilia is a disease which causes long-term blood clotting. Several research reports have evidence that Hemophilia, a bleeding disorder, is found largely in males than females. It can occur in children and adults. It does not target its victims by their age. It can be genetic or acquired.
This is a rare disease in people where bleeding disorders cause normal or exaggerated bleeding and poor blood clotting. A person who is suffering from Hemophilia can have difficult times because of the discomfort it causes.
Hemophilia is an inherited genetic disorder, a congenital tendency to uncontrolled bleeding. However, it can also be acquired for a lifetime even if your parents did not inherit the disease from their parents.
Understanding Hemophilia will help you not only to be aware of this disease, but you can also exercise the guidelines as a home remedy. You will be able to live a healthy and productive life.
What are its causes?
Hemophilia is primarily caused genetically and it can also be acquired at birth even if your parents are not
ending on the deficiency of Hemophilia in a person, it can be categorized into three types:
Hemophilia A – It occurs due to insufficient clotting factor VIII
Hemophilia B – It occurs due to insufficient clotting factor IX
Hemophilia C – It occurs due to insufficient clotting factor XI
The clotting factor refers to a kind of protein which is needed for normal blood clotting.
What are its symptoms?
The symptoms of Hemophilia are:
- Internal or external bleeding
- Bleeding in the brain which results in prolonged headache, seizure, or even a decreased level of consciousness.
- Bleeding in the joints can result in damaging them permanently.
- Adverse reactions due to clotting
How can Hemophilia be treated?
Since Hemophilia cannot be cured yet, there are certain things you can do to avoid excessive bleeding and protect your joints.
- One of the most important things which you can do is exercising regularly. Exercising keeps your body active. Walking, jogging, running, swimming, bicycle riding and so on, are good forms of exercise. These help build up your muscles and protect your joints.
- Avoid sports if you are suffering from Hemophilia. This is because of sports like football, hockey, cricket, volleyball, wrestling, etc., involve physical contact and these can be fatal for you.
- Do not use certain pain medications such as Aspirin, etc., because such drugs can aggravate your bleeding, thereby causing further complications.
- You should also avoid blood-thinning medications like Heparin.
- Protect yourself from injuries that can be caused by falling or accidents.
What should diet plan be followed at home to cure Hemophilia?
If you are suffering from Hemophilia, taking precautions and maintaining your diet daily will help you live a healthy life. Listed below is a diet plan to help you fight against Hemophilia.
- Drink more water as it is needed for your cells, organs and joints
- Drink fat-free milk
- Eat cheese that contains low fats
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Eating red meat helps as they are rich in iron content
- Eat broccoli
- Avoid fish oil
- Avoid supplements such as soft and energy drinks, foods containing trans fats like pizzas, cookies, pastries, etc.
These home remedies will help you overcome Hemophilia under all circumstance so that you can live and enjoy a healthy life.