osteoarthritis home remedies
What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is also known as a degenerative joint disease (DJD) and affects older people. When you have osteoarthritis, you start experiencing pain in the joints of your body, which progresses as you age. It is, in fact, a chronic breakdown of the cartilage in the joints that produce unbearable pain during your body movement.
This can be very unbearable, especially when you are doing your daily tasks at home or outside. Many people suffer from osteoarthritis, which currently has no cure. However, there are ways through which you easily deal with the disease and make your life a little easier.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from osteoarthritis.
How is Osteoarthritis caused?
Osteoarthritis can be caused due to many reasons. These are:
- It can be caused due to a joint injury
- It can be caused due to stress on the joints
- Osteoarthritis can be caused due to age
- it can be caused due to obesity
- It can be caused genetically and inherited from your family members
What are the symptoms of Osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease (DJD) usually include:
- Joint pain
- Difficulty in doing physical activities
- Inflammation of the joints
- Pain in the hips, buttocks, and knees
- Numbness in the neck
- Trouble sleeping
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent osteoarthritis?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Exercise every day and stay active.
- Walking and swimming are beneficial exercises for the joints in your body.
- You can also do flexible exercises, such as knee strengthening exercises.
- Massage your body joints with essential oils to heal the pain.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables four or five times daily.
- Include beans and legumes in your diet.
- Eat fish that has omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
- Prevent gaining too much weight.
- Avoid pasteurized dairy products.
- Avoid processed meat.
- Ignore refined vegetable oils like corn and nutrela oils.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates like cereals, snacks, bread, etc.
- Avoid trans fats like packaged foods and processed foods.
Osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease (DJD) does not have a cure. But it can prevent or treat home remedies and natural diet as mention above.