What is Gout?
Gout, which is commonly known as the “rich man’s disease”, has been occurring in older males for ages. It is common that when you start growing old, you tend to engage yourself in drinking, which most people do. It is also the “rich man’s disease” because you will often find rich and high economic-standard people consume alcohol either moderately or excessively.
Drinking alcohol has become a trend in males and females, perhaps to relieve themselves from stress or just for pleasure. However, we need to understand that excessive consumption of alcohol, whether it is beer or hard liquor, can affect you in the long run.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from gout.
How is Gout caused?
Gout is usually caused in adult males at the later stages in life. The various causes of gout are:
- Uric acid build-up in the body
- Drinking excessive alcohol
- Eating a lot of meat
- High blood pressure
- Congestive heart problems
What are the symptoms of Gout?
The symptoms of gout include:
- Joint Pain
- Swelling and pain in the toe
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent gout?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Walking, swimming and cycling will help you in reducing the risk of gout.
- Practice eating a healthy diet.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and organic meat.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Drinking chicken soup is beneficial for your health and healing gout disease.
- Drink black cherry juice.
- Drink nettles in the form of tea to reduce inflammatory problems.
- Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids and is good for healing inflammation in your body.
- Avoid red meat, processed meat and seafood.
- Ignore excessive drinking of alcohol.
- Avoid excess sugar and grains in your diet.
- Ignore sugar.
- Avoid foods that are high in purines.
- Ignore soda and diet soda.
Changing your diet and lifestyle are the key solution to prevent or heal gout. The best natural remedies given above can help you beat gout for a long period of time.