Acanthamoeba infection is a serious condition which affects the human eyes causing what is actually called Acanthamoeba keratitis. It is a scientific term that is used for an eye infection. The disease is quite rare in people but it can be serious if it is ignore. When you are infected by the Acanthamoeba keratitis disease, you must immediately get it diagnosed.
If you notice redness in the corner of your eyes. This could be an infection in your eyes and may also result in visual impairments, if not properly taken care of.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans that you can follow and protect your eyes from infection.
How is it caused?
Acanthamoeba keratitis can occur in any person, regardless of your age and gender. There are many reasons why this disease is cause.
- It can cause by using contact lenses while swimming, showering, surfing, etc.
- Acanthamoeba keratitis can causes when you clean your lenses with solutions or tap water.
- It can cause if your eyes come in direct contact with freshwater amoeba, parasitic protozoa.
- Acanthamoeba keratitis can be caused if you have been through a trauma.
- It may also be a hereditary disease.
What are its symptoms?
Acanthamoeba keratitis has symptoms that are common with other eye infection diseases. The complications can last from weeks to months.
Below are the symptoms of Acanthamoeba keratitis:
- Pain in the eye
- Redness in the eye
- Watery eye
- Blurry vision
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or cure Acanthamoeba Keratitis?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to prevent or cure yourself of such problems.
Below is an outline of solutions that will be of great help against the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
Home remedies are a great way that will help you prevent or cure diseases, especially if you get an infection with one.
- Wear clean contact lenses.
- Disinfect your contact lenses properly.
- Never use tap-water or formulated solutions on the contact lenses.
- Make sure to remove your contact lenses before swimming, bathing or surfing in the water.
- Wash your hands clean before handling your contact lenses.
- Wash your eyes properly after using contact lenses.
- Keep your contact lenses away from direct exposure, that can be light or germs.
- Store your contact lenses in a storage case.
Since, the disease Acanthamoeba keratitis is mainly causes by parasitic water or, when your eyes come under direct contact with unnatural water, there aren’t any specific diet for this disease. However, it is advise that you keep a healthy diet every day, just to save you from any diseases or infections.