What is Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)?
We live in a world where it is difficult to escape from diseases. Somehow or the other, you tend to fall victim to diseases that could be minor or fatal in nature.
Among the many fatal diseases known to medical science, one such life-taking disease is the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). Once you are affected by the disease, it takes away your life slowly, with the lifespan being just a few years. Generally, a person’s lifespan is about 5 years. However, a healthy person may live for 10 years.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
How is it caused?
The cause of the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) disease is still unknown to medical science as well as scientists. However, certain research reports have found the risk factors in patients who are suffering from the disease.
- The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) disease is prevalent in persons above the age of 60 years.
- The disease can be genetic.
- It could also be caused due to environmental factors such as toxic, infectious agents, viruses, physical trauma, diet, behaviour or occupational factors.
- Since the ALS attacks brain cells, it causes malfunction or disabilities in patients.
- It actually breaks the communication link between your brain and the voluntary muscles.
What are its symptoms?
The symptoms of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) disease are:
- Gradual loss of muscle movement
- Difficulty in speech
- Disability in chewing or swallowing edible food items
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excess saliva
- Weight loss
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease. As such, there is no cure for this disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
There is no definite method to prevent Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- Since the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) disease can lead to loss of weight, therefore, you must maintain a healthy diet.
- Eat healthy foods that are rich in fibre and calories.
- Avoid foods that you may have difficulty swallowing.
- Avoid smoking or consuming tobacco as it can damage your organs.
- Do light exercises daily like walking, swimming and breathing in a relaxed manner.
- If you have problems in communicating, practise verbal activities like reading, debate, etc.
These are the natural remedies that will help you live longer and better. Every life is important. You must live your life to the fullest. Follow the tips that are given above, which will help you regain yourself so that you can spend more and more precious and happy times with your loved ones.