What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
The present-day reports show that many people, especially people above the age of 65 years suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.
The Alzheimer’s disease is a chronic disease with its life expectancy to be 3-9 years only. It is actually a state of dementia, where a person loses the ability to perform tasks and affects the thought process.
The treatment for this disease is relatively very expensive and the results may not end up in a fruitful way.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Alzheimer’s disease.
How is it caused?
The various reasons as to how Alzheimer’s disease is caused in people are given as follows:
- Traumatic head injuries
- Plaque in the brain
What are its symptoms?
When you are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, you will experience symptoms and signs in varying degrees. Some of the symptoms and signs include:
- Forgetting important dates or events
- Confusion with places and time
- Problems completing familiar tasks
- Misplacing items
- Poor or decreased judgment
- Problems writing
- Vision problems
- Trouble solving problems or planning
- Sudden change in mood, behavior and personality
- Problems talking with others
- Loss of initiative
- Problems with spatial relations and visual images
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Heart diseases
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent Alzheimer’s disease?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Indulge yourself in intellectual activities such as reading, playing board games, playing musical instruments, completing crossword puzzles, or participating in social interaction regularly.
- Learn a second language as it helps delay getting the disease later in life.
- Do physical exercise daily. It helps in reducing the rate of dementia.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in protein and vitamin.
- Make the habit of eating almonds and other forms of ground-nuts. They are a good source of increasing abilities of your brain.
- Drink light to moderate amount of alcohol or red wine.
- Drink tea, cocoa or caffeine to a limit.
- Avoid foods that have high saturated fats and carbohydrates as they can increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
There is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Therefore, in order to treat yourself from this disease, you may follow the guidelines given above. These are simple remedies that you can do yourself as well and you don’t have to depend on others.
Also, since the disease is an expensive approach with no surety of being cured, the simple home remedies will help you get through with the disease gradually in time.