What is Asthma?
Asthma has for long been a problem in people of all ages. It is a respiratory disorder that causes difficulty in breathing as the bronchial tube of your lungs starts to become inflamed.
Sometimes, asthma occurs due to infections from environmental factors. Other times, it could be a genetic disease that is inherited from you a close family member. It is seen that when a person suffers from asthma, he or she is given an inhaler for the purpose of helping with breathing.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Asthma.
How is it caused?
Asthma can be caused by a number of ways. It can be genetic or it also is due to various environmental factors. The risk factors can also be exposed to air pollution or allergens in certain cases.
The various causes of asthma are:
- Pets can cause this infection
- It can be caused by dust
- It also caused by chemicals
- Caused by mold too
- It can be caused by allergies
- environment changes can cause this infection
- It can be caused by smoking tobacco
- This type of disease can be seasonal
- It can be hereditary
What are its symptoms?
Many times, the symptoms of asthma can go for a longer duration, or it could be a life-long problem. The following are the main symptoms a person develops when suffering from asthma attack:
- Inflammation of the bronchial tube
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing sound from chest and back
- Chest tightness
- Coughing when sleeping at night and early in the morning
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty eating or swallowing food
The symptoms may worsen due to exercise, viral infections, allergens or air pollution.
What are the home treatment and guide to treat or prevent this disease?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Avoid chemicals that you are allergic to.
- Limit smoking.
- When you are suffering from asthma, avoid exercising or other heavy tasks.
- Try to avoid drinking chilled liquids.
- Avoid foods that contain sulfide.
- Ignore dairy products such as milk, butter, eggs, cheese, etc.
- Avoid fruits, such as bananas.
- Garlic can be used as a natural remedy to manage many diseases because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger also helps in decreasing inflammation and improves the actual functioning of the lungs.
- Turmeric is a safe and natural remedy for asthma.
- Honey is a useful ingredient in treating cough and cold. Mix honey in warm drinking water.
- Taking hot baths helps with asthma symptoms.
- Drink hot vegetable soup.
Since, medical science has not found a cure for asthma yet, living with the disease can be painful for you. However, if you take preventive measures with an understanding, you can save yourself by practicing the natural remedies which you can do at home.