What is childhood arthritis?
It may be surprising to know that not only adults but children too suffer from arthritis. Thus, in the case of children, it is known as childhood arthritis or juvenile arthritis.
The most common type of childhood arthritis is called juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Childhood arthritis can be a serious disease just like in the case of adults where the disease may cause a permanent damage to the joints in young children. The disease should not be taken lightly because the damage to joints in the child can render him or her disable.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from childhood arthritis.
How is childhood arthritis caused?
Since the childhood arthritis is an idiopathic disease, it means that there is currently no exact cause of the disease. Juvenile arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system, which protects the body from foreign substances, attacks the body instead. It may be genetic according to the research, or through certain infections or triggered by the environment.
What are the symptoms of childhood arthritis?
The main symptoms of childhood arthritis are:
- Joint pain
- Inflammation of the joints
- Inflammation of the eye
- Poor immune system
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in walking, playing and dressing, etc.
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent childhood arthritis?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
Swimming is an excellent exercise for children suffering from childhood arthritis as it places minimal stress on the joints.
- If your child responds to cold or hot water then, a cold or hot bath or shower can help in reducing stiffness and stress.
- If your child has a poor appetite, eating a healthy diet can help in maintaining body weight.
- Use turmeric as it is an extremely effective herb for treating inflammation in the joints.
- Encourage your child to participate in physical activities that do not involve in stressful sports.
- Eat food that contains omega-3 fatty acids.
- Capsicum vegetable can be eaten to treat arthritis in children.
These are some of the home remedies which can be followed to help your child from childhood arthritis disease. Since children are at their young ages, therefore, their healthy diet and regular exercise activities are very important to keep them active whatsoever.