What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a common inflammatory disease of the joints. It is a form of the disorder that affects your joints in the fingers, knees, and hips. It usually occurs with age in both male and female genders.
There are hundreds of different types of arthritis known today, each having different causes and treatment methods. In this case, we have the two types of arthritis, which are osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The disease mostly affects the adults who are above the age of 65 years. If you are suffering from arthritis, you will experience sprains and stress in your body. There have been cases where millions of people are suffering from arthritis and there is no cure for it yet.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Arthritis.
How is Arthritis caused?
Arthritis can be caused due to:
- A reduction in the normal amount of cartilage tissue that protects the joints.
- An infection or injury to the joints.
- The wear and tear of cartilage tissues in the joints.
What are the symptoms of Arthritis?
The various symptoms of arthritis in a person include:
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Weight loss
- Sleep disorder
- Decreased movement of the affected joints
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent Arthritis?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Eat fish as certain fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help in reducing inflammation in the body.
- Beans and legumes are beneficial for your health if you have arthritis.
- Avoid injury to your joints by wearing safety equipment while playing sports or when engaging yourself in other activities.
- Protect your joints from strain by doing less heavy work.
- Keep a controlled weight by maintaining your diet and doing exercise.
- Exercise is very good for your body. It strengthens the muscles around the joints and reduces excess weight from your body.
- Head tilt, neck rotation, finger bends, thumb bends, leg raise, etc., are exercises that can benefit you from joint pain.
- Drinking moderate amounts of alcohol, a glass or two, if you are not on medications, helps in reducing the risk for heart disease.
- Avoid wearing shoes that do not give comfort to your feet.
- Get your legs, hands, and arms massaged to relieve you from strains and stress.
- Before taking medicines, make sure they do not have side effects.
Arthritis, like many other diseases, does not have a cure yet. However, you can treat or prevent the disease to a large extent by keeping yourself healthy and maintained.