What is B. Cepacia infection?
The B. Cepacia infection is not known to many people as it is a rare infection. The B. Cepacia bacteria from the family Burkholderiaceae is mostly found in soil and water. Soil and water are the natural habitat for such bacteria.
The name of the bacteria is derived from the American plant pathologist Walter H. Burkholder in 1949. The bacteria was first identified as a disease-causing micro-organism in onions. Now, it has been identified in humans as well. B. cepacia infection is a known cause of infections, especially in hospitalized patients.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Burkholderia cepacia infection.
How is B. Cepacia infection caused?
The B. Cepacia infection can be caused or transmitted through the following ways:
- People with chronic lung disease can get infected with B. Cepacia infection.
- People with a weak immune system are also susceptible to B. Cepacia infection.
- It can be spread from person to person.
- It can be spread from contact with contaminated surfaces.
- It can be spread by exposure to B. Cepacia in the natural environment.
- It can also be transmitted through contaminated liquids, objects or devices in a hospital.
Thus, cystic fibrosis patients and other persons who are suffering from conditions, such as AIDS and cancer have chances of developing the infection.
What are the symptoms of B. Cepacia infection?
The symptoms of B. Cepacia infection vary according to the infection in a person. If you are suffering from chronic lung disease, you may develop symptoms like pneumonia, along with worsening your condition.
The B. Cepacia infection is dangerous enough and can lead to worsening of your overall health and may result in death.
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent this infection?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
To keep the infection away and stay healthy, here are a few tips that you can protect yourself with.
- Avoid going to areas that might be infected with B. cepacia bacteria.
- Protect yourself by covering your mouth, hands and feet when performing tests in your laboratory.
- Avoid coming in direct contact with contaminated soil and water.
- If you are suffering from chronic lung disease, eating a healthy diet is important.
- Clean and cook food before eating.
- Eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
These tips or home remedies can keep you at bay from the dangerous infection and protect you before inviting complication to your conditions.