What is Anaplasmosis?
Most of the inhabitants residing in the north-east and upper mid-western locations of the United States, Europe and Asia generally fall victim to this infectious disease.
Anaplasmosis, also known as Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis (HGA), or simply Human Anaplasmosis (HA), is an infectious disease that is caused from the bites of the black-legged ticks (also called deer ticks) that carry the bacteria Anaplasma.
You, or people who live in northern California, can be attacked by the disease if you are bitten by such ticks that carry the infectious bacteria. And, in such situations, the primary recommendation would be to take antibiotics, which will help you fight against the disease.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Anaplasmosis in humans.
How is it caused?
Since, viruses, bacteria, etc. lurk around the corner, no matter where you are, you may be prone to such infections. There are many reasons as to how this infectious disease can affect people and make you sick and feel weak.
The following are the reasons as to how the disease is caused in humans:
- Ticks feed on the blood of animals that are infected.
- Ticks then transmit the infection to humans when bitten.
What are its symptoms?
The early symptoms typically begin in 1-2 weeks after being bitten by the bacteria-carrying tick called Anaplasma.
The various symptoms that a person starts to develop after being infected by Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis (HGA) disease include:
- Severe headache
- Loss of appetite
- Wight loss
- Pain in the abdomen
- Pain in the joints
- Muscle pain
However, the symptoms may vary from person to person, depending on the health of the person.
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent Anaplasmosis in humans?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you could be having this disease. And, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease.
Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home remedies and diet plans will save you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Avoid areas where the black-legged ticks or deer ticks thrive such as, grass, wooded or brushy areas, places littered with leaves, etc.
- Wear clothes that can protect your hands, legs and feet from tick bites.
- Use repellents in your home to keep ticks away.
- Take proper shower or bath, especially if you have returned from tick-infested areas.
- Ensure that your children do not catch the disease by checking them, especially in the hair, under the arms, in and around the ears, inside the belly button, around the waist, between the legs and behind the knees.
- If you have pets, make sure to examine them as well.
- Wash your clothes properly and dry them well.
- If you are infected with Anaplasmosis disease, eat healthy and hygienic food which contain protein, carbohydrates and vitamins.
- If you’re having fever and chills after being bitten by ticks, drink hot vegetable soup.
- If you are having trouble digesting food, drink plenty of juice.
- If you have minor symptoms, you can exercise daily to keep yourself fit and healthy.
Well practised precautionary measures can help you in preventing the infection, or even lessen the infection in your body and help you fight against it.