What is Avian influenza?
Avian influenza is also called bird flu. It is commonly spread from infected wild or poultry birds, such as hen, cock, turkey, ducks, etc.
If the birds feast in hey get infected too, and furthe
birds they approach. Also, when people consume the meat of the infected birds, they catch flu, called the bird flu.
Thus, if you have bird flu or Avian influenza, you Any person can catch bird flu, either by eating bird meat or coming in direct contact with the infected person.
This blog is written to help you with the home remedies and diet plans which you can follow to protect yourself from Avian influenza or bird flu.
How is Avian influenza caused?
Avian influenza or bird flu are caused due to the following reasons:
- Bird flu usually develops in wild waterfowl
- Eating meat of infected birds
- Direct contact with infected poultry birds
- Exposure to surfaces contaminated with saliva or droppings of infected birds
- Open-air marketplaces where poultry is sold in unsanitary conditions
- Bird flu is also transmitted from one person to another
If you have bird flu, you may develop certain complications, such as:
- Respiratory failure
- Lung collapse
- Kidney dysfunction
- Cardiovascular problems
What are the symptoms of Avian influenza?
The symptoms of Avian influenza or bird flu usually develop after 2-5 days after the infection.
Some of the common signs and symptoms of Avian influenza or bird flu include:
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Eye infection
What are the home remedies and diet guide to treat or prevent Avian influenza or bird flu?
If the causes and symptoms mentioned above, are similar in your case, then you c, it is equally necessary to take immediate measures in order to treat or prevent yourself from such disease. Below is an outline of suggestions that will be of great help to you with the disease. What’s more? The home e you the burden and cost of frequent hospital visits.
- Drink green tea as it has anti-viral properties.
- Keep your immunity system strong and resistant to virus by eating foods that are rich in vitamin C.
- In case of a sore throat, add some honey and lemon juice in a few cups of warm water and gargle.
- Drink warm water or hot herbal tea to relive congestion, cough and sore throat.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Eat lots of salads made from fresh vegetables to boost your immune system and strengthen your body.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits.
- Avoid smoking and smoke-filled areas as these can complicate breathing.
- Keep yourself warm using a blanket and breathe hot steam when you have bird flu.
- A proper hygiene and clean surrounding is also necessary to protect yourself from further complications.
- Simple exercise like walking, running and yoga can be beneficial.
- Avoid crowded places if you do and do not have bird flu.
Some of the basic home remedies listed above can help you heal or protect yourself from the communicable disease. These are simple tips which you can follow at home and keep yourself safe from the infection.